I finally got the engine installation finished, and did the first engine run mid afternoon today. No leaks, as near as I can tell after a three minute run. All engine instruments were working properly. The engine was running a bit ragged though, with occasional pops from after firing in the exhaust. The EGT on #1 cylinder was much higher than the others, no matter which ignition system was selected, so I suspect a partially plugged fuel injection nozzle. I couldn’t troubleshoot that today, as I got an call from home saying that one of our garage doors was stuck partially open.

I hope to get out to the hangar some evening this week to troubleshoot the rough running.